Monday 10 January 2011

Bump map

As i want my model to look like clay, i thought abump map would be pretty cool to do, do give it an extra bit of 'oomf' for the final render, so i tried to get one set up. As i was dong this, i found out that because i had taken my model apart to UV it, it was pretty much near impossible to bump map him because there were loads of holes, even when i merged the verts back together. I spent about 5 hours trying to get it to work because i really wanted this to happen, but in the end i had to come to terms with it just not working.

After this, in maya i played around with the scultp geometry tool, to give him some bumps and knocks on his surface too try and make it look as is he'd been modeled out of clay or plasticine. I was happy with how things were going on the test, so i decided to keep what i'd done and now for posing!

I had to change some setting and experiment with how much i wanted the tool to do etc.



Here are some screen shots of my bumpy surface:

No comments:

Post a Comment