Friday 12 November 2010

Hands

Staring on the hand now, just trying to get the basic shape. I think I'm going to do more of mittens than hands, as doing individual fingers will increase the poly count because i am limited to 100,000 and i wanted to save most of the poly count for putting detail into the face in Zbrush. Here are a few images to show what hands i want to produce.


These images of the famous Tony Hart character, Morph, are perfect for how I want to model my hands. Not only will these keep the poly count down, they are easier to do because I'm not an experienced modeler and also Morph and Chaz are made from plasticine, which is the affect we have to create for our characters.

I'll keep all the fingers as one, and do a separate thumb so there is at least some definition for the hands, but i want to keep it simple, to go with my overall style for my character.

This is where I'm at, at the moment in Maya as far as the hands are concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment